Recipe for Coffee Parfait: a delicious dessert that is easy to make
Coffee parfait, a chilled dessert you can eat with a spoon, is easy to make at home. It is similar to an ice cream but you can also make it without an ice-cream maker. With or without mascarpone, vegan or with Savoiardi biscuits: let’s discover the recipe for coffee parfait and its most popular versions!
Coffee Parfait Cake with Mascarpone
Ingredients – for 6 x 80g portions
4 or 5 egg yolks
Fresh liquid cream – as required
60ml strong espresso coffee
15g instant coffee
- Make the coffee and pour it into a saucepan; add the sugar, stir and bring it to the boil.
- Put the egg yolks into a bowl and whisk them until fluffy; add the coffee while it is still hot and continue whipping to obtain a creamy mixture.
- Whip the fresh cream separately and add the mascarpone, stirring from the bottom to the top with a spoon or a spatula. Add the coffee and continue stirring.
- Fill a mould or single-portion glasses.
- Place the cake in the freezer for 4-5 hours.
- Take the cake out of the freezer at least half an hour before serving.
You can decorate your dessert with a sprinkling of cinnamon or unsweetened cocoa powder, flaked dark chocolate, small meringues, hazelnut granules, coffee beans or more whipped cream.
Coffee Parfait variations
Coffee Parfait with Pavesini, Savoiardi or wafer biscuits
You can make coffee parfait with wafer, Savoiardi or Pavesini-type biscuits to obtain a dessert similar to Tiramisu. Soak the biscuits in the coffee and, when you fill the mould, arrange them on top of the mixture, creating a layer that will be the base of the dessert.
Vegan Coffee Parfait
Vegan coffee parfait is made of natural soya milk, agar agar, rice syrup (or corn syrup) and non-hydrogenated vegetable margarine instead of mascarpone, eggs and cream. It can be decorated with chopped almonds or flaked vegan dark chocolate.
Egg Free Coffee Parfait: a version with 3 ingredients
Put 4 teaspoons of instant coffee, 20ml of cold milk and 3 tablespoons of condensed milk into a cup and mix well. Then whip 500ml of liquid cream, add the coffee and continue whipping. You will obtain a soft and fluffy creamy mixture to put into a mould and freeze.
Creamy and embracing with a timeless intense taste. It is the ideal snack for late summer afternoons, or a delicious dessert at the end of a meal with friends. And then, it is really quick and easy to make at home: the better quality the coffee used to make the parfait, the better the end result will be!
Did you like the article and want to know more about Caffè Mauro?